To nominate someone for a ND SHAPE Award, please fill out the form below.
Nominations submitted before July 15, 2020, will be considered for the 2020-21 calendar year’s awards.
Educators who meet the eligibility requirements and exemplify the criteria for these awards may apply for one of the ND SHAPE America Teacher of the Year awards.
- Current ND SHAPE membership
- Minimum five years of teaching experience
- Degree and certification in teaching
- Full time teaching at time of application submission & selection
- Minimum of 50% of total job responsibilities is teaching one of the following (in the award you are nominating for):
– Physical Education
– Adapted Physical Education
– Dance Education
– School Health Education
- Certified Adapted Physical Educator (CAPE) or eligible to sit for the Certified Adapted Physical Educator exam (eligibility= 200 hrs. of practicum experience, at least 12-credit hours in APE) is desirable. For Adapted Physical Education award ONLY.
- To nominate someone for the ND SHAPE Honor Award, please fill out the form located here.