SHAPE America Outstanding Teachers
SHAPE America knows there are outstanding teachers in your schools, school districts and states. Adapted physical education, dance, health education and physical education teachers at the elementary, middle and high school levels, who:
· Teach children the knowledge, skills and attitude they need
· Motivate today’s youth to participate in a lifetime of physical activity
· Demonstrate an interest to continually self-improve
· Contribute to the community
· Participate in professional development
· Serve in leadership roles
Know a Teacher of the Year? Are you a Teacher of the Year? Apply today! It will take you on a wonderful, meaningful adventure of professional growth. Note the new submission dates and be sure to make the October 1 application deadline.
October 1, 2014: All applications and supporting documents due electronically to TOY@shapeamerica.org>; November 3, 2014 SHAPE America District winners notified; December 15, 2014 SHAPE America District winners to submit a video lesson for National Teacher of the Year consideration.
Celebrate at SHAPE America National Convention & Expo in Seattle, WA, March 17 – 21, 2015 where the Teachers of the Year will be recognized.
For more information and to complete the application, go to: http://www.shapeamerica.org/recognition/awards/toy.cfm