Three Ways to Support Health and Physical Education TODAY
- Get educated in your state/district reentry plans
SHAPE America’s School Reentry Considerations for Health, Physical Education and Physical Activity can be found here along with other resources to help you plan for back to school. Use this Google Map to find state specific reentry guidelines.
- Email a letter to your superintendent & school board
Letter writing is one of the most successful advocacy tools you have! We have crafted an example for you to use or edit to fit your needs and it is BELOW!
- Advocate on social media
Tag members of your school board, your superintendent, state leaders and more to share your message. Be sure to use the hashtag #SHAPEAdvocacy. We have messages below to help you get started!
- Students will do their best when they’re active + healthy! Support #HPE! Participate in @SHAPE_America’s Online Backyard Advocacy Day! #SHAPEAdvocacy
- Health + PE are part of a student’s well-rounded education + support their path to health + physical literacy. #SHAPEAdvocacy (Tag your superintendent and school board members) http://bit.ly/2fLifL7
- I help prepare students to live their best life! I strongly urge you to support health and physical education http://bit.ly/2fLifL7
- Research shows students want to embrace a healthy, active lifestyle and value health and PE! #SHAPEAdvocacy http://bit.ly/2fLifL7
- Health and Physical Education is essential for students’ physical, mental and social-emotional health! #SHAPEAdvocacy http://bit.ly/2fLifL7